www.flickr.com
Custom Search
Deika Morrison

Deika Morrison: Financial Security Tips+Tools

Grab this Headline Animator

Deika Morrison: Reasoning the Reasons

Grab this Headline Animator

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Cautionary Note

Caution TapeImage by Picture Perfect Pose via Flickr

If you notice, there are Google ads on this site. My blogs never used to have any ads, but as part of my personal finance experiments, I have added them.

Why?

I blog because I love writing and sharing knowledge, and blogs without ads achieves that purpose. However, because I know that my readers are all looking for ways to earn some extra money and blogging can do that - especially when you learn the best practices - I added the Google ads so that the blogs were not only a hobby, but also a personal finance experiment.

The objective is to see if you could earn money doing this and how. This takes a lot of research, but there's not a lot you need to know to get started. My objective is to share that knowledge with readers in my "quick tips" style.

If it's successful, I'll say what did it. If it is not successful, I'll say why.

So far, both blogs - this one and Reasoning The Reasons - have earned money. Not much, but it actually works. And I'm learning more everyday. In addition to adding content, I tweak the blogs - features etc. - everyday to optimize it. And yes, how Google ads work is that when you click on an ad, there is a potential for any website with Google ads to earn money. Please note: I am neither encouraging or discouraging you do so.

Now, unlike all other content on the site, I cannot vouch for any of the sites listed as Google ads. The Amazon ads were placed there deliberately by me - and I can vouch those are legitimate links to the Amazon website. Some of the Google ads I recognize immediately, such as whenever there is a link to the New York Times. Evidently, that would be useful. Clearly that is a legitimate site.

However, not all the Google ads I recognize, and the Google ads change with every page refresh. Not all unrecognizable Google ad are scams, I've found some cool ones. Many legitimate and famous companies find Google ads to be effective marketing tools. BUT, some Google ads may be. That is not Google's intention, but it happens. If I find something I perceive to be a scam, I will block it as soon as I can find it.

Like everything in life, buyer beware. In fact, if you see information presented in a Google ad that you are unclear about, do some additional research. There is a Google search box at the top of this post. Don't believe everything you read; but equally don't avoid reading when you could learn something. Information is good, but what you do with that information is even more important.

Quick Tip: If someone asks for money to give you a job, make sure you do proper checking. According to an article in the Jamaica Gleaner on January 25, 2009 entitled SWINDLED! New breed of white collar thieves strike banks, it was reported that in 2007, Jamaicans lost J$80M paying people to place them in jobs. Now, the article did NOT say this was online or any form of online advertising - Google ads or otherwise. But, it is not impossible for such a solicitation to be made online.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

 
Creative Commons License
Financial Security: Tips + Tools by Deika Morrison is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.